- Sundays (Port Angeles) Regular Sunday dance.
Scandinavian and ballroom dancing
Sundays, 7–9 p.m. Scandia Hall at 131 W 5th St., Port Angeles, WA. Donations taken at the door. Info: Sandy or Paul, (360)
457-7035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mondays (Poulsbo) Scandinavian dance instruction,
Sons of Norway Hall, 18891 Front St. Classes resume on Monday, September 8, with basics of schottis and snoa taught at 7 p.m.; more dancing ‘til 9 p.m. Donation $3; partners not required. Third-Monday dance parties begin on October 20. Info: Julie, (360) 394-9698; or Laurel, (360) 876-8907.
- Wednesdays (Burnaby, B.C.) Weekly teaching & request dancing to recorded music, Scandinavian Community Centre, 6540 Thomas St. 7:30–10 p.m., $8. Second Wednesdays are live music nights at an alternate location; see www.vcn.bc.ca/scandi for the venue and details. Info: Wendy Cutler,
- 8/25 (Snohomish) Snohomish Zwiefachefest. Music lessons by Chris Barnes, dance lessons by Pat McMonagle, and a live music dance. Donation requested. Info: email@example.com.
- 9/6 NW Spelmanstämma 2014, at the home of Jim and Margaret Noyes in Clearview. The 2014
Stämma will include workshops by visiting
Malung fiddler Johan Holland. $15; starts at 1 p.m. Workshops are followed by a potluck supper; please plan to bring a dish to share that will serve 10–12 people. Open dancing with live music will begin around 7 p.m. Contact: Emma Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9/7 (Seattle) Swedish Pancakes. Live music and dancing, plus authentic Swedish pancakes, lingonberries, ham, and all the right fixin’s. Music by Richard Svensson & Bjarne Jacobsen, Nordleik Folk Music, and TinnFelen Hardanger Fiddle
Ensemble. $9; club members, $7; children 5–12, $5. 8 a.m.–1:30 p.m. Stay afterward for genealogy help in the lobby. Swedish Cultural Center 1920 Dexter North, Seattle 98109.
- 9/12 (Seattle) Scandinavian Folkdances. New
schedule, now on 2nd Fridays, 8–10:30 p.m. Live music, $10. Swedish Cultural Center 1920 Dexter North, Seattle 98109. Info: email@example.com.
- 9/18 (Seattle) Heads up: a new Scandinavian & swing dance starts in Ballard on Thursday,
September 18. Waltz, polka, foxtrot, hambo, and swing. $10. Info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9/28 (Mount Vernon) Fourth Sunday Scandinavian dance at the VASA lodge in Mount Vernon,
1805 Cleveland Ave, 2–5 p.m.; CD music. Info:
- 10/4 (Seattle) Skandia waltz workshop for both
beginning and experienced dancers. The class will feature a range of dances to waltz music, including both fun, old favorites and some new waltz variants. Held in the Community Hall of the Phinney Neighborhood Center (lower level of the lower building), from 9:30 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. No partner necessary. See the Skandia website for more
- 10/18 (Seattle) 60th Annual Skandia Ball, 7–11 p.m., Latvian Center, 11710 3rd Ave. NE, Seattle 98125.
- 10/26 (Mount Vernon) VASA Lodge Mount Vernon, Fourth Sunday dance, 2–5 p.m.
Email Scandinavian events items to email@example.com, or send by surface mail (typed only ) to Kathy D. Bruni, Skandia Newsletter, 14805 NE 177th St., Woodinville, WA 98072-6223. Items for the October issue must arrive by 10 September. Please include date, time, cost, location, contact phone number, and/or email address. For changes or updates to web site items please email the Skandia Webmaster. Priority is given to local Scandinavian dance and music events