- Sundays (Port Angeles) Regular Sunday dance.
Scandinavian and ballroom dancing Sundays, 7–9 p.m. Scandia Hall at 131 W 5th St., Port Angeles, WA. Donations taken at the door. Info: Sandy or Paul, (360) 457-7035 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mondays (Poulsbo) Scandinavian dance instruction,
recommences at the Sons of Norway Hall, 18891 Front St. Poulsbo on September 14, 7–9 pm. Bring your dance shoes and your friends, and curiosity. Partners not required, $3 donation. First party dance October 19. More information: Julie, (360) 394-9698 or Laurel, (360) 876-8907.
- Mondays (Portland) Norske Runddansere Scandinavian Folkdance. First night of fall teaching season is September 14th. We dance and teach couple and circle dances and lively mixers from all five
Scandinavian countries. We meet at Scandinavian Heritage Foundation’s Nordia House at 8800 SW Oleson Rd, Portland, OR 97223. Regular admission is $4; first dance free, and free for students; $50 for annual membership. Everyone is welcome! Please bring separate indoor dancing shoes.
Lessons every Monday, 7:30–8:30 p.m., fall–spring. Open request dance year-round. Info: Newgards, (503) 636–7509 or email@example.com. Website: www.norskerunddansere.org
- Wednesdays, (Burnaby, B.C.) Scandinavian dance. Weekly teaching & request dancing to recorded music from September thru April, with time off around Christmas. Scandinavian Community Centre, 6540 Thomas St., 7:30–10 p.m., $8. Second Wednesdays are live music nights at an alternate location; see www.vcn.bc.ca/scandi for the venue and details. Info: Judith, (604) 526-4722 or
- 8/26 (Seattle) Skandia Summer Dance Practice
Sessions, Phinney Neighborhood Center, Room #7 in the upper building, 6532 Phinney Ave N. 7:30 to 9 p.m. (room opens at 7). $8 for Skandia
members; $10 for nonmembers.
- 8/23 (Seattle) Summertime Sunday Music Jam,
hosted by Frank Brown and Elaine Murakami at their Ballard home, 7 to 9 p.m. Contact: Frank, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8/29 Stämma. At the home of Jim and Margaret Noyes, Clearview, WA. 1 p.m.–5:15, followed by dinner and dancing. Theme: Music from Norway. Dance focus: Springleik frå Vågå.
- 9/13 (Seattle) Swedish pancake breakfast. One week late, due to Labor Day. Live music, dancing, and authentic Swedish pancakes, with ham, lingonberries, and all the fixin’s. Music by Richard Svensson & Bjarne Jacobsen, Nordic Reflections, & TinnFelen Hardanger Fiddle Ensemble. $9; SCC members, $7; children ages 5–12, $5. 8 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
Swedish Cultural Center, 1920 Dexter Ave N.
- 9/12 Zwiefacherfest. In the afternoon, learn dances and music; in the evening, dance to live music. Donations, please. In Snohomish, WA, with a great dance floor and place for a picnic. Dance leader, Pat McMonagle. Music leader, Chris Barnes. For times and driving directions, contact email@example.com.
- 9/26 (Tacoma) Scandinavian Dance with Sons of Norway, 7–10:30 p.m. Music by Folk Voice Band. Learn or review Danish mixers with Frank Brown at 7 p.m. Dance, 8–10:30 p.m. Scandinavian couple dances. Circle and mixer dances reviewed. No partner needed. Normanna Hall, 1106 S. 15th St. (corner of 15th and M L King St., Tacoma). $10; Sons of Norway (Norden 2) members, $7;
nondancers, $5; students free. Info: (253) 759-3731 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10/1–29 (Kirkland) Skandia Basics on Thursdays in Kirkland! Peter Kirk Center. Taught by Patrick McMonagle and Pat Pi.
- 10/17 (Seattle) Skandia Ball, Latvian Center, 11710 3rd Ave. NE.
- 10/21 Skandia Basics class taught by Don Meyers and Kathi Ploeger, 10/21–11/19, plus 12/2 (no class Thanksgiving week).
- 10/29 Skandia Beyond Basics class taught by Elaine Mathies and Pat Pi, 10/29– 11/19.
- 1/14–2/11 2016 (Kirkland) Skandia Basics on Thursdays in Kirkland!
- 2/25–3/24 2016 (Kirkland) Skandia Basics on Thursdays in Kirkland!
- 2/5–6, 2016 (Lynnwood) Vinterdans, Cedar Valley Grange. Details TBA.
- 5/13–16, 2016 Springdans Northwest. (Change of date for 2016 only.)
Email Scandinavian events items to email@example.com, or send by surface mail (typed only ) to Kathy D. Bruni, Skandia Newsletter, 14805 NE 177th St., Woodinville, WA 98072-6223. Items for the October issue must arrive by 10 September. Please include date, time, cost, location, contact phone number, and/or email address. For changes or updates to web site items please email the Skandia Webmaster. Priority is given to local Scandinavian dance and music events